q80 Wi-SUN FAN Platform
Full implementations of Wi-SUN FAN 1.0 Local Border Router and Local/Intermediate Routers.
Our Wi-SUN FAN Local Border Routers provide M2M connectivity between Ethernet based IPv6 networks and 802.15.4 based Wi-SUN FAN IPv6 mesh networks.
The Q80 is a compact platform that can function as a Wi-SUN FAN border router, designed to seamlessly forward IPv6 traffic between the outside world on an Ethernet link and a Wi-SUN 802.15.4 wireless network or as a Wi-SUN FAN intermediate router. The Q80 uses a Linux network stack and Exegin’s Wi-SUN FAN components to provide one of the most reliable Wi-SUN FAN border router and router implementations available today.
- ssh User Interface — provides various diagnostic commands (e.g. “ping6”).
- User password authentication (two accounts “root” and “guest”)
- DHCP/IPv6 client on Ethernet side.
- DNS Resolver
- TLS 1.2
- Multicast forwarding in and out of Wi-SUN FAN networks.
- Simple web-client for testing a Wi-SUN FAN.
- HTTP/S Server — can be accessed from Ethernet and Wi-SUN FAN networks.
- Simple commands to listen and/or send data on UDP or TCP ports for testing Wi-SUN FAN networks.
- Atmel/Microchip RF215 dual band transceiver.
- Linux IPv6 Stack
- Wi-SUN FAN 1.0 IPv6 Stack:
- 6LoWPAN packet compression: RFC4944 and RFC6282
- 6LoWPAN neighbour discovery: RFC6775
- IPv6 Core protocols: RFC2460
- RPL Routing protocol: RFC6550, 6551, 6553, 6554
- RPL Objective Function Zero: RFC6552
- RPL Min-Rank Hysteresis OF: RFC6719
- PANA Authentication: RFC5191
- TLS version 1.2: RFC5246
- Extensible Authentication Protocol: RFC3748
- EAP-TLS authentication: RFC5216
- AES-CCM Cipher suites: draft-mcgrew-tls-aes-ccm-ecc
- MPL Multicast forwarding: draft-ietf-roll-trickle-mcast 802.15.4 MAC implementations
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6: RFC 8415
- Sub-GHz and 2.4GHz radio support.
The Q80 relies in the services of the Q59 radio module for its MAC and PHY services. The Q59 radio module utilizes the Atmel/Microchip AT86RF215 dual band radio as its primary transceivers. In the case of Wi-SUN FAN 1.0 the RF215 is well suited for the default sub-GHz FSK bands as well as the 2.4 GHz O-QPSK bands.