Tokay ZigBee PRO Stack
is a complete, robust implementation
that allows manufacturers and software developers to easily incorporate ZigBee
connectivity into their designs.
Exegin's implementation of ZigBee uses the same four-layer architecture defined in the ZigBee specification: physical (PHY), media access (MAC), network (NWK), and application (APL).
The lowest architectural layers, the PHY and MAC layers, are based on the IEEE 802.15.4 specification. Tokay supports a range of 802.15.4 radio chipsets and USB radio sticks.
Above the MAC layer is the NWK layer. This layer includes functionality for mesh networking, allowing any node in a ZigBee network to potentially take on the role of ZigBee Coordinator (ZC) or a ZigBee Router (ZR). Tokay is capable of acting as a coordinator, router, or an end-device.
At the top of the ZigBee stack is the APL layer. Tokay provides to this layer ZigBee Cluster Libraries (ZCL) and a framework for developers to add their own application-specific functionality. Tokay also provides the common application functionality that is offered by every ZigBee device (embodied in the ZigBee Device Object, or ZDO).
The stack implements the full ZigBee CCM* security suite.
Because Tokay is designed for 32-bit processors, and not heavily constrained 8-bit SoCs, it gives you the flexibility and capacity to implement the application you need:
A hardware abstraction layer, called the WPAN, lets you plug in drivers for 802.15.4 radios from any vendor.
- Multiple simultaneous radios. Create a single ZigBee device that participates in multiple security domains. Or build a ZigBee node that simultaneously supports both 2.4GHz and 900MHz radios.
- Heavy duty performance. Tokay takes advantage of the memory available in larger systems to perform as a coordinator in the center of a mesh. The number of endpoints, neighbors is limited only by the amount of memory available. Stack version (2007 or PRO) and type of node (coordinator, router, or end-device) is determined at run time, not compile time.
- ZigBee Stack Profiles
- 802.15.4 Radios
- Atmel AT86RF212
- Atmel AT86RF231
- TI CC2420
- 802.15.4 USB Stick
- PAN Abstraction layer for easy porting
- Cluster Libraries
- ZigBee Cluster Library 2008
- ZigBee Smart Energy 1.0
- Operating Systems
- eCos, uC/OS-II, Linux 2.6
- OS Abstraction Layer for easy porting
- CPU Architectures
- Programming Language